Eyelashes are one beauty element every girl has that can change the entire look of her eyes and face. Many women spend lots of time each day to make their eyelashes look beautiful and attractive. However, you might be surprised to learn some mystifying facts about these tiny little hairs growing on your eyelids.
Here are some weird and fun facts about eyelashes:
- Our eyelashes begin growing before we are born. Science claims that our eyelashes start growing when we are 7-8 weeks along in the womb.
- Eyelashes are made up of only two things: water and keratin; to be specific, 97% keratin and only 3% water. Keratin is a protein that’s common in hair, skin, and nails, and natural silk!
- Our eyelashes fall out and completely replenish themselves every 150 days. They re-grow until they reach the optimum length, fall out, and replenish themselves again. Although everyone’s shedding cycle varies slightly in length, every set of human eyelashes goes through this pattern.
- Only mammals grow eyelashes. (That’s why people say they feel like a “Lizard” without their lash extensions!)
- There are approximately 200 lashes on the upper lids, while the lower lashes have approximately 100 lashes. The lower lashes usually have about 50% the amount of the upper lashes.
- Don’t let this gross you out, but there are little mites that live in the base of our eyelashes. They come out at night to consume cells to prevent the follicles from clogging. If lashes aren’t cleaned regularly, these mites can over-populate, causing infections. So be sure your Lash Artist uses an adhesive with anti-microbial properties like Quickie Adhesive!
- Healthy eyelashes fall out every day. Most people lose 1-5 natural eyelashes per day. If you’re not losing lashes daily, this may indicate a health problem.
- The average persons eyelashes grow as long as 10mm. However, the record holder of the longest lashes in the world are 6.4 cm long!
- Eyelashes are a part of your body for a purpose. They protect your eyes from sunlight, dust, and sweat.
These facts may be astounding if you’re hearing them for the first time. If you wish to beautify your eyelashes with eyelash extensions, choosing a technician from Dreamlash Academy is where you need to go. The company provides the best quality products and eyelash extensions training courses,semi permanent mascara courses in Calgary, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton, Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Moncton, Manhattan, Fargo, Minneapolis, Seattle, Portland, Miami, Raleigh.